I sat in awe at the television. Various people sat around with me. I was in the lobby at the city rec. center in Scottsdale after my group tennis lesson. On NBC, President Bush addressed America about the crisis that we are facing: our economy is looking grim, and may face a recession.
It was a moment in history; 13 minutes I will never forget.
In that speech, I learned so much about the reason our economy is the way it is.
About those two big companies that have drastically changed our way of life.
America is changing, and John McCain showed how he always puts his 'country first' and has decided to postpone the debate so we can all figure this situation out.
When I first heard about the 700 billion bail out on Monday, I bristled.
Immediately I thought, the government should have no part in this; we have enough on our hands as it is!
But after watching President Bush speak live and hearing his speech, I know we have to act now.
As my grandmother said to me on the phone in a 10:30 PM call to talk about Bush's address to the nation, things done too fast, cause problems.
I know that we don't have a choice and we MUST act now.
This is for the safety of the American people, and the safety of our country and city we live in.
My only question is...will it work?
6 comments:
wow I didn't watch that but now I wish I had! Things are pretty grim, huh? I hope the recession doesn't turn into a depression
I want to know why two girls who have to get up at 5:15 in the morning (to do their hair) are still up and blogging!
HAH!
Why is Mom up at 12:09am?...hmmm
yeah hmmm?...lol! just kidding! but anyways change of subject here people! lets stay focused!!!
true . . . Drew is at it again! As a friend of mine said once, "You never live anything down when Drew is around!" (actually I think that friend was michelle lol)
Well said!
Post a Comment