My recent trip to Appleton reminded me of a story I once started writing after my freshman year in high school. It was set in Appleton and included all of my friends--I changed names and places. As parts of my summer and sophomore year passed, I'd incorporate it into my story. I used my grandparents house and my friend's personalities to inspire me. I used to think it was hard to conjure up new towns and characters so I wrote about something that really exists and made it fiction. Well I just found it; unfinished. I don't know how to finish it because nothing pivotal happened sophomore year. Just more growing up and learning crap. I might pick up where I left off and ignore the 2 yr gap. Not noticeable, except for the all new characters, events, and giant time warp. Now would be a great time for a bout of amnesia or a coma. My main character's gonna kill me.
No comments:
Post a Comment