Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Starting to care less and less

My frustration with myself knows no bounds.
I can genuinely say tonight that I hate myself.
Disregard everything you've been taught about self-esteem. It's not welcome here.

When you reach a new and total low,
When you go to bed knowing you are collectively going to miss 20% of your final grade for just not turning in a few assignments is excruciating.

Then I think you'll have permission to hate the fact that you're inept at time management.

I'm disgusted. I'm conflicted. I'm in agony. And tomorrow for 3 of my classes I will get to watch all the other kids present a sheet of paper and place it in a pile. And I will sit there with nothing.

My ability to churn out a few assignments last-minute and produce stellar work has died.
At 19 years and three days, I've spent my last drop of this talent.
They always said it would catch up with me one day and I would have to pay.

Consider it day one.

No comments: