Today a great girl named Brooke came over for my Never Say Never movie night. We both dressed up in sequins, sillybandz, converse and other 8th-grader clothes.
I haven't known her for a long time but she's been in my circle of friends for a while. I've wanted to hang with her since Sept of last year. I had a great night.
First we played an Elton John record because she wanted to see what it was like.
Then we ate quesadillas with Rooster sauce (super spicy sauce.) After that, we viewed an episode of Arthur just to be nostalgic.
Mom geared up to go to Albertsons to get the movie from Redbox and we came. Feeling a little awkward, we stepped out of the car in our total dorky, sparkly 8th grade girl clothes and entered the grocery store. I, of course was ADD and hyped up on BIEBER. And could not memorize the 3 item shopping list. Brooke kept me on track. She is so funny and is like my twin. Only she is an Alaska native and I'm a tootall Arizona desert child.
We stood by the Redbox and found the DVD, and to my horror found mom chatting it up with the check out lady. (I assumed the lady was telling mom her life-story, because my mom attracts people like that.) But no, instead I saw mom mouth the words, 'Justin Bieber'. And then the check out lady and other people in line began to look at us and chuckle with those wide eyed looks adults give best. Brooke and I hid behind a cardboard display.
As we were about to leave, mom hands us both a Justin Bieber folder and says, 'The woman I was talking to suggested we get these. She also thinks your Bieber movie party is cute and she likes Bieber too!' So Brooke and I held up our Justin folders, smiled and walked past the check-out counters and the lady had a big grin on her face.
At home we watched the movie. Surprisingly, my dad would talk over the movie and other silly things in an obvious ploy for attention. We told him to leave in shrill girl voices. And dad even said Justin was adorable and beyond talented! Yay
The, movie was really good and during the concert scenes, we would use our phones as lighters and wave to the music. I'm not gonna lie, I kinda cried during the part where he struggled with strained vocal chords during his tour and his mom prayed for healing as he cried. IT WAS SO SAD.
I also brought out the teen gossip magazines and we peeled the Justin posters from the binding and ripped up the Selena Gomez poster--total revenge.
Brooke is the biggest Oklahoma Sooners fan known to AZ. When my dad discovered this at dinner, those two went back and forth about college football. Dad hates the TX longhorns, so they had something in common to rip to shreds with football-speak! Mom and I were laughing hilariously while the conversation escalated. Football stats were thick in the air, Brooke blared the OU fight song from her phone and confessed her love for Sam Bradford. Dad blathered on about Michigan's legacy and was all pumped about how, 'good they're gonna be this year.'
Brooke had so many amazing, funny stories from Alaska...and how her sister ran over their pet bird's toes. And growing up wearing side ponytails... and trips to Russia... eating dog... and twirling baton for the Fiesta bowl. Soo glad I had this party! Mostly because I was a somewhat sheltered middle schooler who never did girly parties and obsessed about a teen pop star. But I think it was wayy more fun to do it now as a high school senior. :)
Friday, July 29, 2011
Belieber
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment