Massive Attack
(Listen to the music. Not the videos)
I could literally look at pictures of abandoned psych wards and listen to this song. It's so weird!
After a year of Led Zeppelin, Supertramp, Alan Parsons Project, and Peter Gabriel I am finally on my new kick: Trip hop.
Trip hop is amazing. I bought 'Mezzanine' by Massive Attack and basically listened to the whole album for 9 months. It's so dark, surreal, and slightly orchestral and it blows my mind. It's crazy to think that most of their stuff was from the 90's. It's timeless. I would just love to chill back and have a jam session; record it, and then mix it later and get super creative--technically. That sounds like the best way to make and album!
Dubstep is increasingly becoming popular and somewhat related to trip hop. It's a little too over-produced for me, and rarely has vocals. But I'm glad the teen crowd's liking it. I think America will agree with me: I'm so sick of blonde pop stars and shrieky/ambient indie rock bands.
SoCal
SoOverdone. SoCliche. SoArtsyFartsy. SoTwoMinutesAgo
maxi dress, floater tops, single chain necklaces with little silver owl feather charms, military boots, leggings, boho hair extensions... MAKE IT STOP. You open your issue of Vogue, see something avant garde or unique, and you think, 'Why can't we do THAT??' Obviously true, creative fashion doesn't sell, because then it wouldn't be creative anymore. I'm a huge fan (now) of minimalism, and menswear-inspired looks.
Redscale film photography.
Not really a fan of the whole hipster lo fi photography movement, (Instagram is my enemy) but I adore redscale film.
It's July and I have yet to do this. All you need is two rolls of film and a 35 mm and you can do it yourself!
Seventh Chords.
I'm learning seventh chords in every interval of all major and minor scales. Musical theory is really opening up a new world for me. I play one chord and a million melodies fill the corners of my ear. I feel like I want to write music but I don't know how. So I'm just learning theory until I can.
Cyberbully
Just watched this movie on the DVR with mom. OH my gosh, yeah ABC Family you're thinking it's lame, but it was actually good!! I was blown away. It was so true: and I think every teen should watch it. And all the middle schoolers especially. You have no idea how much of this goes on. I see it a lot, and it's happened to everyone by some point in time. It was actually refreshing to see old Disney stars REALLY act (not just roll their eyes and deliver whimsical teenie bopper dialogue.)
I'll conclude with a laugh.
I literally could not stop laughing the whole time I saw this. My mom was in tears too.
No comments:
Post a Comment